Our Commitment to Your Safety
Eastern Companies remains committed to the health and safety of both
our employees and to our clients, vendors and visitors during the pandemic. We have taken necessary steps to ensure daily safety and to adhere with New York State guidelines for our office staff, upon return to working at our headquarters within Phase 1 of the re-opening process. Additionally, we are meeting each state guidelines for safety within each construction site, throughout the United States.
Measures we have taken:
Our Company Headquarters/Office:
- Our staff must maintain a 6 ft. distance between each other, unless safety or core function of the work activity requires a shorter distance. Any time personnel are less than 6 ft. apart from one another, personnel must wear acceptable face coverings. We are also providing hand-sanitizer, gloves and masks (daily) to each person.
- Each person will have their temperature checked upon the start of work, daily. We will also do this for essential visitors.
- We have closed our Employee Lounge and Kitchen for gatherings.
- Tightly confined spaces will be occupied by only one individual at a time, unless all occupants are wearing face coverings. If occupied by more than one person, we will keep occupancy under 50% of maximum capacity.
- We are following guidelines to post social distancing markers using tape or signs that denote 6 ft. of spacing in commonly used and other applicable areas on the site (e.g. health screening stations)
- We are limiting in-person gatherings as much as possible and we plan to continue to use tele- or video-conferencing whenever possible.
- Any essential in-person gatherings (e.g. meetings) will be held in open, well-ventilated spaces with appropriate social distancing among participants.
- We are limiting contact with delivery personnel and have designated areas for pick-ups and deliveries.
- We are limiting the sharing of objects and discourage touching of shared surfaces; or, when in contact with shared objects or frequently touched areas (e.g. printer/copiers), employees must wear gloves (trade-appropriate or medical); or, sanitize or wash hands before and after contact. Copiers and surfaces must be cleaned after each use.
- We are seeing to it that we adhere to hygiene and sanitation requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) and maintain cleaning logs on site that document date, time, and scope of cleaning.
- We will provide and maintain hand hygiene stations for personnel, including handwashing with soap, water, and paper towels, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for areas where handwashing is not feasible.
- We have also posted signage throughout the site to remind personnel to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- We have established a communication plan for employees, visitors, and customers with a consistent means to provide updated information.
- We will maintain a continuous log of every person, including workers and visitors, who may have close contact with other individuals at the work site or area; excluding deliveries that are performed with appropriate PPE or through contactless means; excluding customers, who may be encouraged to provide contact information to be logged but are not mandated to do so.
Our Construction Sites:
- In addition to mandatory PPE and protocol, our employees and our partners and vendors are wearing masks and practicing social distancing.
Stay Safe and Stay Healthy! Follow necessary precautions at home, provided by the CDC at their informative link, here.
We thank all employees, clients and partners for their participation.
Your friends at Eastern Companies